Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Birthday, plumber and prom




Birthday and presents


Niece A turns 4 today. We'll be having her party this weekend but today I shall drive home early to greet her.



I've bought her a bike. Its the second one I am giving her. The pretty pink first one somehow has lost its ability to move! Maybe thanks to A's little sister D. The new bike is blue...yes, its actually a little boy's bike. Since blue is A's favourite color and since I also hated the pink bikes at ToysRUs, the blue bike it is.



O yeah, I also got for D a magic writing pad that ia able to voice out the alphabets.



Yup, thats how I do it and thats how I've always done it. Each time a niece or nephew has abirthday, all her/his siblings get a pressie too. Initially all the cousins got a pressie too.....but that soon got too expensive! Anyways now most of the nephews/nieces are teenagers so they kinda understand the concept of a birthday being a lone process better. Thank God!

Plumber

Downside of house ownership is that u got to take care and pay for its maintainence.
Being on the lower floors high rise building means that u get very strong water pressure.
It also means that the washer in the hoses get destroyed rather fast.
The developer uses PVC stuff when actually they should use copper which is stronger and makes better plumbing.
The three bathrooms had hose leakages.
Yesterday I took a chance and called a plumber who had put his business card in my post box.
He finally turned up at 6 pm. I think he did an ok job but I am pretty sure he overcharged
At least now the leakages are gone.


BTW, the plumber who came was no where a tenth as cute as the one in the pic!


Prom Night
Last night I accompanied my second sister to send her eldest son to his prom night.
It was like yesterday that I accompanied him to his first day at kindergarten!
We all got stuck in the traffic and it took us an hour to get him to his destination.
My sis drove her old car (she and bro in law has 4 cars) and suddenly it jerked. We were a little worried as that had never happened before. Thank goodness it got us safely home.
That prolly meant nephew would have gotten picked up later in the night in one of their flashier cars. Hehehe. Old car needs rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home