Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The begining of this week has been fruitful.

Monday I got alot of workstuff done - beyond my expectation.

Its so satisfying to see the completion of some projects and the start of some new ones.


Tuesday I settled some condo bills, saw the doctor, went on a shopping trip with the little girls and SIL, bought a new bag (yet again!).


Wednesday I started the day by increasing my investments.



OK now for the details.







Why did I need to see the doctor?



Well, I have been having some rashes between my fingers. Then I got some on my left cheek. I put some cream on them and they went away only to return again. I got my bed sheet and pillow cases washed yet again (I have a habit of cleaning them every fortnight) thinking it might help. My face was getting rough skin from using the Betnovate)



Finally to the doctor's. The doctor said that it probably be due to some food that I am alergic to. He gave me some cream after saying that one should NOT use Betnovate on the face and some anti histamin (Priviton)! It worked. I got a good night's sleep from the drug and my skin look really better by the morning.







Why did I buy (another) new handbag?



Since I have been busy at work I found that I needed to carry more stuff to and fro work. That meant having to carry at least two bags. I noted that big handbags are now 'in'. Decided that I should get one. The one I got is big, black, has many compartments, some shiny sequins layer covered with some embroidered first layer. Wish I could put up a pic of it but I dont have my camera right now. Its pretty! Looking vogue and being practical at the same time. Hehe.



Good thing I did not get the expensive handbag at the begining of the year. Now I have the excuse to change my bags every three months or so. After all I am not spending a fortune on it.



SIL who had bought the expensive handbag then has since regretted it. Its definitely branded but it lost its shape in less than a month and was not worth the price she paid for it. In fact during the shopping trip we went back to the brand's boutique to lodge a complaint. The sales ladies there gave all kinds of silly reasons on the malfunction of the bag.



My conclusion is : I shall stick to my way of shopping for a bag.....look for the many compartments, it should have a wide base, select the color, see the material used and the finishing. If ites reasobalby priced (which means I should not care if I have to change to a newer one in three months) then grab it!





Investments.


There are two schools of thought.





1. Keep your money guarded cos the world is about to enter another round of recession.


2. Invest now if u have the money cos stock is at an all time low. U are bound to make money when it bounces back.





Which one is correct? Which one to follow?


I dont know but I guess I have some faith in the second one whilst I am also keeping a close watch on my money.


Spend some, save some at the same time and ALSO invest some.


Thats what I have done.


Thas what I call playing it safe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home