Friday, October 24, 2008

Name


Beyonce wants to be known by her new name. Sasha Fierce.
Yuks.
I prefer her Beyonce name.....its more unusual from where I stand.
Have u ever in ur life wanted a different name?
At one phase of growing up I did.
My real name is so from a past era than that I was born.
My dad selected it for me.
He even selected the nick name with which I eventually became known as.
Until many cousins do not even know what my real name is.
My nick name is so unique.
I do not know of anyone who has that name at all.
However whlist I was growing up I wanted a more 'hip' name.
Something more in with my age group.
It did not happen.
Then years went by and the internet came into being.
I discovered that u needed a name to be on the chat rooms or to have an email addy.
I could rename myself.
I had a few nicks but basically kept using the same one.
To be known u needed to stick to one nick.
Like in real life.
Otherwise u'd have to begin all over again, reintroducing urself each time.
The funny thing about being online was u could be anybody.
U could have a new BODY too if u wanted.
Some folks went by sexy names and pictured themselves as Marilyn Monroes.
Nobody (except some idiots) were fooled.
In that sense I kept on being myself.
Not some artificial sexy whore.
Otherwise I wouldnt have made so many good friends out there.
Now I love my name.
I love my unusual nick name even more.
Those were given to me by my late dad.
They are special.
I am my names.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home