Monday, September 22, 2008

Shepherd's pie Ala Real Me!






Had a great weekend!
The siblings had a potluck at second sis' home.
Everybody bought and brought something.
Me? I decided to COOK something and shock everyone.
I made Sherpard's pie. The above pics are the real thing!
Actually I had insufficient potatoes (realizing it only after I started cooking).
Ran down the condo to the solitary small shop that caters to only our condo dwellers and found that it was still closed. (It was after 9 in the morning......I guess when u dont have heavy traffic to your shop you just dont care about opening early?)
Then made and SOS call to second sis who lives down the road.
Sis was just getting out of her car after going to the market. She said dont worry....I'll send u some in 5 minutes.
I got my potatoes almost immediately (thanks sis! U r a gem!)
It turned out quite ok but I have a long way to go before I reach chef's level.
And according to my new resolutions...thats where I will get to before the end of this year!
I'm going to surprise the world (meaning my family) by becoming a good cook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home