Monday, September 08, 2008

weekend happenings

When u own the place u live in, there will be a tremendous difference in the way u look at it.
Nowadays when I go shopping (which is practically every week) I will look out for something either practical or just for esthetic benefits for the condo.

On Saturday Mom, SIL, nieces and I did some shopping. A longish carpet which had a pretty design caught my eye. I think it would look great at the entrance area which currently I have left empty. Thus the carpet came home with me.


O yeah, I got me an ironing board and a circular gadget with rollers. The latter (I hope) will be of use when I mop the floors. I do not like to carry a heavy pail around. so thats where its gonna sit when I decide to mop (THIS will not take place often or soon!). At least it will be there when I actually need it.


I also took Mom to my designer and bought her a beautiful silk soft purple traditional outfit. It had beading works. Just like me, Mom also likes her clothes to fit perfectly so I will have to go pick it up after alterations next week. It was an expensive piece but who better to spend my money on other than my mom!

Brother also got himself a new outfit at the same mall.


Sunday SIL, nieces and I went out for more shopping. SIL got some cute tees for her girls. Looking after the two young ones in a busy mall is starting to be a headache. The little one has a mind of her own and loves to wonder about. I am most afraid of one of them getting lost.


The weekend just seems to fly by. Now I am back at work.


Gave JAR a call this morning. He is also enjoying his new life at the house. Like me, he needs to establish some control on the amounts he spends on it.

He loves houses that are open....literally so that he gets fresh air and breeze on a summer's day into the house. I remember that was one of the things about my family home that fascinated him when he first visited me. His brother only opens the door to his house and leaves the glass windows closed, hoping the aircond is enough to bring freshness to the house.



I am feeling better this week. Not too much boredom or sadness. Having more to look forwards to. Adjusting well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home