Wednesday, October 08, 2008

health update




I am down with a sore throat that makes waking up such a pain, a running nose that turns my voice very much like Nanny Fran from The Nanny show (see pic) that was popular a decade ago, and a cough that disturbs my audience in a lecture.





I am just taking some medications bought from the pharmacy. It seems too minor to go see a doctor and btw I still have not gotten me a new doctor since I moved to the condo. My old doctor is where my mom lives and thats an hour's drive away.

Anyone who knows me know that I hate to go see a doctor, dentist or any medical professional. I actually have to practice before hand what I would be saying to them. Doctors have a wierd way of telling u that the needle wont hurt, that the pain will go away, etc as though they have actually personally suffered it themselves. And many times they lie.

I have a friend who believes in letting the body heal itself. when her kids fall ill she doesnt give them medications. She eats organic food. I think she is both smart and silly at the same time. Yes, the body needs to be self healing but we are not Claire as in the Heros TV show. Up to a point we need help that comes in the form of medications.

On the work front, things are moving on cruise level. I still get stuff done even with my health level being on the low end.

On the home front, I have been keeping low at the condo. Just getting everyday stuff done and resting to regain my strength. Havent visited mom and the kids for fear of spreading the germs.

O yeah....one interesting story. I have previously mentioned that I dont know many people at the condo. We all seem to live our own lives at our own schedules. There's this lady who seem to leave for work at the same time I do.....which is very early in the mornings. We seem to bump to each other and smile and say hello. This morning she was earlier than me and she drove by as i was walking towards my car......she stopped and asked me about my going out so early. That was nice of her. Maybe I will have a friend there soon?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home