Monday, December 15, 2008

Wow! that was a good break!
I am rested, relaxed and happy.
I hope this feeling continues into 2009 for me.
Now I shall recall the past two weeks.

First Trip (also known as the Mom, Aunt and Me getaway)
We rode the night train to our destination.
We got premier class tickets in order to ensure we had our own private bath and restrooms. At the station lounge we met a lady who was travelling second class (she got the cheapest tickets cos she travels to her destination constantly) but was brazen enough to use the lounge. She is a good talker and kept us entertained as we had dinner.

The three of us were probably the last people to enter the train. I shared my 'room' with a lady from Romania while mom and aunt stayed next door on the train. Irina and I instantly hit it off and we spent half the night chatting. She was on her way to meet her friend for a holiday and we both talked of our travels.

We got to our hotel by 8.30 am after a cab ride. They wonderfully let us check in early (normal check in is 2.00pm!) and also upgraded us! I was already paying quite a big sum to stay at the hotel and being upgraded pleases me to no end!
We showered and rested before we started our first shopping adventure. I got myself a brand new pair of glasses made (to be collected before end of trip) and another big chunk of money flew out for a Dior frame. I just love walking around with my mom and aunt. We shopped, we ate and we rested.
The second day we decided to go on a ducktour. That was fun. We were on land and the same vehicles took us on a river cruise.
Mom shopped quite a bit more whilst we waited for the tour.
We took a cab towards the shopping areas and spent the whole afternoon doing more shopping. I am a typical woman!
The following day was similarly spent.
We also had fun when we tried to pack our new purchases. To make it appear like we didnt shop at all (to escape customs!). Anyways we all arrived with one bag of clothes and each of us left with at least two.
My most expensive purchase was the spectacles (which I dont regularly use....I am pretty good at wastage sometimes.)

Second Trip
Brother's family, mom and I decided to go to the Highlands for cooler weather and for the kids to enjoy themselves on the theme parks.
Brother drove my car and we all squeezed in. That was a fun ride with two little nieces. They were chatter boxes all the way.
The weather was cool and we had to wear jackets. We rode the merry go rounds. We rode the flying ship. Getting lunch was hassle as all the food outlets were full. Not to worry cos we got fully fed finally.

Third trip
My eldest sister's daughter is studying to be a doctor. On Sunday the students were having a field trip and exercise. They were to take the public's blood pressure, Body Mass Index, Sugar level, etc at a shopping mall. Sis's family, Bro's family, mom and I decided to surprise niece by making a appearance. She was surprised to say the least. It was fun getting her to read my blood pressure.
Later bro in law took us all to lunch.
Then everyone decided to go to my condo. I bought two dozen doughnuts and we all had that.
That was fun!!!

My second sis and her family are in London for thier vacation. I shall await her return before I have fun with her kids next.

Work
I started work after two joyous weeks away. It started with an intensive morning but I covered all areas well. It will be smooth sailing. Be positive!

Next
This weekend is little niece's fourth birthay. We will be having her party at my mom's. Next weekend is cousin's wedding. (he's getting married for the third time - first wife divorced, second wife died of brain cancer)
More fun coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home