Monday, November 10, 2008

why a vacation is a necessity

If u read the comments I made in response to Noel's in the previous bolg, u'd be aware of how important it is for me to have a vacation. Especially when its a joint vacation.

I've been buddies with JAR for over a decade now.
We've managed to work out our vacations to coincide and do quite a bit of traveling on both sides of the world.
Mainly I am the one who has constraints on when I can have time off from work.
Sometimes we have a extra large group (with practically all his siblings and their kids) like in a couple of years ago right after his sister's eldest daughter got married.
We've also travelled with just a few others like his brothers or my BIL.
Sometimes its just us.
Whichever way it is, we all have fun.

Because we live so far apart, we keep in touch via emails and the phones.
We used to chat and had cameras attached to our computers to see each other.
We dont do that anymore cos we're at a more matured stage of being us.

Because we've travelled so far and so many times, sometimes I cannot even remember the places we've been to. I mean I cannot remember their names.
I remember the joys of being at each one.
In the sun, in the snow, at the beach, at the sea,
On the dry desert, in the tropical jungle, up the mountains
On the train, on the flights, in the car, on the boat
We been there
and hopefully we will continue to journey
again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home