Monday, March 16, 2009

updates from weekend

Amongst what irritates me is getting phonecalls from friends from a past era.
They dont bother to keep in touch, then suddenly out of the blues will hound u with repeated calls. They do not respect that I dont answer calls when in meetings. They call again and again. Then when I can finally return their call, they tell me to call again. Yukes. I wont. Sorry. Too bad.

I had a pretty good weekend.
I enjoy spending time with my Mom. She is well on her way to recovering from Bell's Palsy.
She smiles better now too.
She cancelled her physio sessions because of her cough so instead we both went shopping.

One more nephew is about into university education.
Spent Sunday night out shopping (yet again!). This time with my sister and two of her sons. I also gave them a dinner treat. One as a belated birthday treat and the other for passing his major exam and driving test. Another reason is ....see below

Earlier on Sunday, drove from my mom's to my condo. The driving felt funny and I discovered that I had a flat tyre. This is the second flat tyre I have had since mid December last year. I made an SOS call to my sister who lives two roads down. She came with her two eldest boys (the youngest one was at camp). My two strong handsome nephews managed to change the tyre in minutes. Then with my sister in tow we tried to replace the blown out tyre. That took some searching on a Sunday afternoon. The one opened shop had no brand new tyres for a car (apparently it is specially made for my car so none of the others could fit it.) He did however had a second hand one for sale.....beggars cant be choosers so I bought that instead)

Brother and family have booked themselves for a weekend getaway early next month.
My own vacation will be end of May to June. I can hardly wait for that.
I have quite a bit of stuff put away for the trip. My bedroom is now split to the 'normal' side and the 'trip' side and the latter part is growing by the day!
I have to bring clothes for both cold and warm weather. I will be moving from LA to Canada and thats plenty different temperatures for the middle of the year. My bag might not fit all the stuff that I put aside up to now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home