Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mystery of the Missing Keys

I havent posted for a few days.
Lots of happenings.
I lost my house keys, realising it when I reached the office and was about to place my car keys into my keys compartment of my bag.
I concentrated on work but also chose to leave early because of the lost keys.
I searched and searched. No luck.
Luckily I do keep a spare set at my sister's house a couple of roads from my condo.
I got into my condo with the help of the spare keys.
I immediately changed the padlocks from the balcony grill to the front grill.
At least then if anyone found the keys they will not be able to get in!
I went to the management office to enquire if anyone had from the keys. None.
I searched the garbage room in case it was dropped as I was throwing the trash that morning.
Still no luck.
I drove to Mom's for the weekend, stopping at a nearby mall to duplicate my spare keys.
It was difficult to get a parking lot but luckily I managed to find one.
Then I found that the shop had moved.
I asked around. Someone suggested I check out behind the mall.
I found it. It was actually the same key maker- he just moved shop.
I duplicated all the keys.
I bought a new designed padlock. All that cost me $$$!
I had a headache by the time I got to mom's.
Next day I drove mom to my condo to change the old padlock to the new one.
Upon reaching the condo I found that the new set of keys missing!!!
Not again! Mom said look into ur bag...u might have a hole in it.
I did.
Yes there was a tiny hole. I put in my fingers.
I found the new set of keys. I made a bigger hole to look for the original missing keys.
Who knows, maybe I would solve the mystery of the missing keys . But no such luck.
The missing keys were not there.
It did result in me needing a new bag after that though (I DID but a new bag later that weekend....but thats another story!
We all spent the night at my condo.
I was happier but I still had a headache days after from the stress.
Fastforward 5 days later.
I was on my way to work when I thought of buying me breakfast.
I drove to the shop I had last driven to on the day I lost my keys.
It just occured to me to ask the girl at the shop if anyone had found a set of keys the week before.
She took out a bunch of keys....other people had also lost keys....I even saw a car key there.
There it was!
My set of keys!
As baby D would say it...I found it!!!!
My own little miracle.
If I had not suddenly feel like breakfast or had I not asked..... the keys would not have been found!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home