Thursday, February 19, 2009

BP


My mom has a new condition. A paralysed right face. Its called Bell's Palsy.

We initially thought she was having a stroke but thank god, it was not.

Bell's Palsy does not kill. At least thats what the internet says.

U are basically disfigured for a period of time.

Mom has been told that there are three possibilities - total reverse back to normal, condition remains permanently or lastly, gets worse.
I guess the doctors want to play it safe by making that statement. They cant go wrong if they state all possibilities, can they?
Its been a week now. The conditon has not changed.
She has been put on medication once again
The doctors now recommend physiotheraphy.
Anything. We'll try it.
Mom has been great about it.
She is still full of confidence and high in spirits.
Still her usual self.
Me? I try to keep a happy and brave face especially around her.
Alone in my condo, I did break down once.
I cried my eyes out, worrying about her. Worrying about me without her.
When big challenges come our way, its normally followed by big rewards.
I tell mom that.
My siblings rally around her.
I am alot closer to my mom now.
We are already getting our rewards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home