Monday, September 12, 2011

Lamentations

By the time I went to bed last nite, I could not even swallow my own saliva.
I had such a bad throat that I was worried that I could not make a good presentation the next day.
I gargled salted warm water the last thing before and the first thing after bed.
It did help some but right now it still hurts.

I had much earlier planned to actually bring my own home cooked food to work for the next few months.
The elevators will be undergoing repairs and renovation and only half of the normal numbers will be made available for our usage.
Yes, the office goes on and on and on with renovations, inconveniencing all of us.
By the time they got all done, it WILL be time to move the office!
This has happened twice already!
I used the slow cooker so that my food will be just done when I am up from bed.
I boiled the rice as soon as I awoke.
I had just bought a cute thermal-ware container with its cover to bring my food.
Unfortunately, it did not taste as well as I wanted my lunch to be today.
Maybe it is partly because of my bad throat that almost nothing tastes good today.

I also discovered that I am not as strong yet as I had earlier believed.
Halfway thru my presentation I had to grab a chair to prevent myself from falling.
I felt a little faint at times but due to my experience, I was able to 'control' my focus.
I think I actually presented pretty well as I could see the audience response and understanding of the issue. Thus I am still quite happy.

My relatives have told me time and again not to rush things and take my recuperation in its time.
How I wish it is as easy to so as it is to say so.
When do u really know that u have reached the point of total recovery?
I really thought I had for at least more than a week.
Only to find that more time is needed.
It is almost like one step forwards and two steps back when u least expect it.

One step at a time.
First I must cure this sore throat.
Next I need to get more supplements.
I still have not regained any weight lost from the surgery.
Onwards.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

but have you gone to the doctor june to see what is really wrong with you?
it sounds pretty sore, your throat..it is good that you are a least eating soup and probably drinking a lot of water...still thinking about you and worrying and praying...love terry

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home