Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A-changing

Work is easing now. The next 'work-tsunami' will return third week of April. Until then I have some breathing space (I hope!). Things are a-changing....in ways that I am just suddenly aware of. Lets look at some examples:-
a) When I converse with my buddy, he no longer focuses his complaints on the ex. Getting the divorce proceedings legally over is the main cure. The poor guy has had a hard time and the ex wasnt letting go easily even tho she did not even appreciate his presence when they were together. I am glad my buddy is now able to get on with his life. He is excited about our next adventurous trip. This time his brother is coming along. We are all gonna have a heck of a time! Yeah man! (Ooopss.....I gotta cool it.....the trip is about two months away)
b) I am now doing work that I enjoy. I am doing the sort of work I took up this job for. I got detracted for a while back then. I was in the so called 'main-stream' of decision making. Working too hard, getting lots of attention and being in the limelight. Inside i was feeling lost and unhappy. I made a difficult stand to step to the side. I did it. I am on a slower track now. I am still kept busy but its no longer a crazy world. I can smell the flowers too. It may not seem so to the outsider right now but I did the right thing. I am happy.
c) Time passes by too fast. All my nephews and nieces are growing up too fast. I try to make it a point to meet them at least bi-weekly so that i dont miss out on them growing up but thats not an easy thing to do. most of my uncles are dead and now my aunts are aging too. I still have my mom so I am going to spend time with her before one of us has to leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home