Friday, February 22, 2008

house and home


JAR finds his eyes improving by the day. I keep on with my prayers.
In this morning's email he tells me that tomorrow morning he will be looking at a a house 'in distress' with W, an old friend who does appraisals.
That excites me quite a bit. Wouldnt it be lovely if he actually finds a house that could become our home!
Looking at potential homes seems to be this weekend's theme. My brother has also invited mom and I to give our opinions on a possible condo buy. Buying a home is such a major investment. It would be wise for bro to make a purchase at his age. He could even buy one for investment purposes. Mom would prefer that he gets a landed property but the choice is in his hands.
JAR and I on the other hand have both experienced property purchases.
He of course even built his 'castle' house but lost it in the divorce. I have told him that I do NOT want huge houses. Just something small enuff for easy maintainence but large enuff to accept visitors...we both come from reasonable sized families and their presence in our lives is important.
The term 'condo' in the USA implies a individual ownership of a unit in a multiunit structure. Where I come from it is also a place of residence in a multiunit structure that has all the desired facilities of security, gym, playground, swimming pool, etc. Thus it is a more expensive form of residence as compared to an apartment.
I bought my condo recently and will be paying it off for many many years to come. If JAR buys a new property it will also mean more payments to come. Are we young enuff for this? True, buying property is an investment but would it mean we end up as slaves to mortages?
Arent the birds in the pic the lucky ones? They find a jar (sic!), build a nest in it, make it a home and its all free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home